Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME - very little understanding, very little progress?
Special introductory prices:
- £60 (non-members)
- £50 (members)
- £30 (non-member students)
- £25 (student members)
9.30 - 4.30pm
Recent studies from the University of Bristol highlight the costs of chronic fatigue to the country, the families of sufferers and the sufferers themselves.
There are huge delays in making the assessment and in getting treatment because of the stigma of the illness, the reluctance of GPs and other healthcare professionals to diagnose and give a management plan, and the lack of specialist services. There are effective treatments available but too few sufferers get anywhere near the right approach to their problems, let alone correct treatment.
This one day workshop addresses those issues. Booking coming soon - please contact email@example.com to express an interest.
The workshop will cover:
- Integrative approach to care
- Good practice for healthcare workers in different areas
- Good care for CF
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and fatigue
- A first hand perspective on recovery from CFS/ME
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the mechanism and cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- State the various modes of treatment and care pathways
- Identify specific self-care
- Explore the opportunities of integrating care with a wide spectrum of health professionals therapies and theories
Pre– workshop activity: (to be accessed by participants once they have booked)
If you currently or have previously worked with people with Chronic Fatigue, please bring along examples of cases and outcomes for discussion at the workshop. Please ensure that any information you choose to use does not refer to the names of the people involved(if you do not have any, this will not preclude you from taking part in the workshop)
Paper booking form (or book online above)
Patients and Carers Flyer